The Association of the United States Navy (AUSN) shall be the leading voice for America’s Sailors and the premier advocate for a strong Navy. We will represent Navy Veterans, active duty Sailors, reservists, retirees, and our Navy family.
AUSN advances the interests of all members of the Navy community and supports the needs of the Navy by:
- Promoting the interests of the United States Navy to the advantage of the country’s welfare and security.
- Supporting the military and naval policies of the United States Navy so that the national defense and national security are developed and strengthened through the means of an adequate naval establishment including a well-trained and readily available Navy.
- Providing informative and professionally helpful educational programs for Navy personnel and/or to potential members entering the Naval Service as commissioned officers and enlisted personnel.
- Encouraging and promoting the interest and activity of Navy personnel in understanding and attaining the highest professional standards in the Navy.
- Collecting, evaluating, and disseminating information to our countrymen and members of the bodies politic in relation to our nation’s welfare and security.
- Promoting a deep sense of individual obligation to the Navy and its personnel.
- Stimulating and supporting the naval sciences and programs and to maintain the traditions of the Naval Service.
- Promoting its vision and achieving its mission as defined in the current strategic plan.