The Association of the United States Navy (AUSN) shall be the leading voice for America’s Sailors and the premier advocate for a strong Navy. We will represent Navy Veterans, active duty Sailors, reservists, retirees, and our Navy family. We will support Sailors in need through partnership with Navy Safe Harbor Foundation.
AUSN advances the interests of all members of the Navy community and supports the needs of the Navy by:
- To promote the interest of the United States Navy to the advantage of the country’s welfare and security.
- To support the military and naval policies of the United States Navy so that the national defense and national security are developed and strengthened through the means of an adequate naval establishment including a well-trained and readily available Navy.
- To provide informative and professionally helpful educational program for Navy personnel and/or to potential members entering the Naval Service as commissioned officers and enlisted personnel.
- To encourage and promote the interest and activity of Navy personnel in understanding and attaining the highest professional standards in the Navy.
- To collect, evaluate, and disseminate information to our countrymen and members of the bodies politic relation to our nation’s welfare and security.
- To promote a deep sense of individual obligation to the Navy and its personnel.
- To stimulate and support the naval sciences and programs and to maintain the traditions of the Naval Service.
- To Promote its vision and achieve its mission as defined in the current strategic plan.
- To aid Sailors and Coast Guardsmen enrolled in the Navy Safe Harbor program and their families who have been materially impacted by the enrollee’s condition and who are not otherwise qualified to receive aid for their specific needs.