Complimentary memberships for all students.
WE HELP OUR JNROTC AND NROTC STUDENTS SUCCEED!
AUSN shares a long tradition of excellence with our youngest Shipmates through high school JNROTC and college level NROTC programs throughout the country. AUSN’s JNROTC and NROTC Patriot Awards Program recognizes the best of the very best of our young Shipmates. For decades, students have been nominated by their NROTC Unit Instructor(s) for their exceptional development, leadership and service as a Midshipman. Students are then officially recognized by AUSN’s headquarters with our Patriot Award certificate and the official Patriot Award Medal decoration, authorized by the Navy to be worn on their uniforms.
AUSN National Vice President ISCS John Altmann, USN (Ret) presents AUSN’s Patriot Award to one of his students.
DOES YOUR UNIT HAVE AN OUTSTANDING STUDENT?
AWARD THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
CRITERIA FOR JNROTC AND NROTC AUSN PATRIOT AWARDS RECOGNITION
A nominated Patriot Award candidate shall demonstrate no fewer than three of following characteristics as part of their academic, volunteer and/or civic participation while serving as a registered and active Junior Level or Collegiate Level Reserve Officers Training Corps Midshipman or Cadet:
- A nominee shall be in good academic standing at the institution for which their ROTC unit is assigned.
- The nominee shall be recognized by his/her peers as an individual who, with consistency, demonstrates the character, qualities, and commitment as expected as a member-in-training of the United States Navy.
- Nominee shall demonstrate superior leadership qualities as recognized by their superiors and/or peers.
- Be sustained so as to demonstrate a high sate of development, or, if for a specific achievement, of such merit as to earn singular recognition for the act(s).
- Reflect most creditably on the individual toward the accomplishment of the unit mission.